Omar Best Collymore had the misfortune of having two women with whom he was involved suffer untimely deaths whilst in close proximity to him.
His girlfriend Angela Aguiar, 38, was a single mother of two and real estate agent originally from New York who was gunned down and killed at about 3:30 am. on Monday, June 30, 2008, in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
His wife Simone Campbell-Collymore, 32, an entrepreneurial mother of two was gunned down and killed along with Mr. Winston Walters at about 4 pm on Tuesday, January 2, 2018, in St. Andrew, Jamaica.
Two women, connected to one man, were killed on successive days of the week, nine and a half years apart. All while Mr. Collymore was mere feet away. Miss Aguair was in the vehicle from which he’d just alighted to tie his shoelaces. And Mrs. Campbell-Collymore was approaching a residence where he awaited her arrival. Please see the Previous Article Here.
Under typical circumstances, there would be an outpouring of sympathy for Collymore, except for the fact that he is still a person of interest in the death of Miss Aguair and is currently in jail and charged in the death of Mrs. Campbell-Collymore.
And his losses keep piling up. On 06/05/2018, Wells Fargo Bank National Association initiated foreclosure proceedings on the home located at 3559 Orchid Drive in Coral Springs, FL. According to the Verified Complaint of Foreclosure, the mortgage with an unpaid principal balance of $192,266.27 is due from 1/1/2018 to the present.
All summonses issued are to date unserved as Simone is deceased and Best-Collymore is on extended vacation courtesy of the government of Jamaica. The neighbors are undoubtedly relieved as dueling motions for restraining orders were filed by and against Omar Best Collymore over a period of time.
Below is a timeline of events in these three inextricably linked lives.
- April or May 2008 Angela Aguiar purchased a $1 million life insurance policy
- 6/30/2008: Angela Aguiar, 38 is shot and killed at about 3:30 am. in the 100 block of Northwest Second Avenue in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- 5/6/2010: Omar (Best) Collymore and Simone Campbell marry in Miami, FL
- 8/19/2010: Omar (Best) Collymore filed suit against Reliastar Life Ins Co. in an effort to collect proceeds from the life insurance policy of which he is a beneficiary
- 2/24/2011; An Agreed Order containing a $1,138,841.20 payout was entered
- A cross-claim was then filed against Omar Collymore by, or on behalf of Angela Aguiar’s son Elijah Aguiar
- The claim was subsequently settled with Omar (Best) Collymore receiving $400,000.00 and the remaining funds awarded to Angela Aguiar’s son Elijah Aguiar
- 12/14/2011: Orders terminating the cases brought against Reliastar Life Ins Co. and the cross-claim against Omar Collymore were recorded
- 4/12/2012: Simone Campbell executed a Promissory Note from lender Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. in the amount of $214,920.00; securing payment of the Note, Simone Campbell and Omar Collymore executed a Mortgage that was recorded on 4/13/2012
- 02/18/2015: Omar Collymore filed petitions requesting Orders of Protection against neighbors Michael P. Lewis and Debbie Johnson
- 3/6/2015 Michael P. Lewis counter files for an Order of Protection
- 1/2/2018: Simone Campbell-Collymore and Mr. Winston Walters are shot and killed at about 4 pm on Tuesday, January 2, 2018, in St. Andrew, Jamaica
- 1/19/2018: Omar Best Collymore and a friend are shot in the parking lot of Allied Insurance Brokers in Kingston, Jamaica
- 1/26/2018 or 1/27/2018: Omar Collymore’s attempt to leave Jamaica was thwarted by Jamaican immigration authorities
- 1/27/2018: Simone Campbell-Collymore’s funeral was held at the Waltham Park New Testament Church of God
- Two individuals are taken into custody in relation to the murders of Mrs. Campbell-Collymore and Mr. Walters
- 2/6/2018: The Jamaica Constabulary Force issued a warrant for the arrest of Omar Best Collymore in relation to the murders on 1/2/2018
- 2/8/2018: The Jamaica Constabulary Force reported that Omar Collymore was arrested at a guest house in St. Elizabeth, Jamaica… speculation swirled that he went to St. Elizabeth in an attempt to abscond the island via boat
- 2/10/2018: Omar Collymore was officially charged with two counts of murder
- 2/16/2018: Collymore along with co-accused Michael Adams and Dewayne Pink made their first appearance in the Kingston and St Andrew Parish Court and were remanded until 2/26/2018
- Investigations into Angela Aguiar’s death are re-opened
- 2/26/2018: Collymore advised the court that he needed to call overseas so he can secure legal representation, the case was continued to 3/21/2018
- 4/5/2018: Collymore was given a two-week extension to retain an attorney
- 4/9/2018 Michael P. Lewis filed a Motion to Vacate the Order of Protection
- 4/19/2018: Collymore requested additional time to secure legal representation; additionally, 21-year-old Shaquile Edwards appeared as the fourth person charged in relation to the 1/2/2018 murders
- 06/05/2018: Wells Fargo Bank National Association initiated foreclosure proceedings on the home of Simone Campbell-Collymore and Omar Best-Collymore located at 3559 Orchid Drive in Coral Springs, FL.
- 6/14/2018: Summons issued in the foreclosure proceedings
- 6/15/2018: The court was advised that Collymore was being represented by attorney Diane Jobson and the case continued to 7/25/2018
- 7/6/2018: Summons to both Simone and Omar were returned unserved with the notation that there was no answer at the front door, the property is unoccupied with no activity seen in several months.
Please see the Previous Article Here.
We will continue to track this case.